Friday, April 15, 2011

I have five minutes to write this. What "this" is, I have literally no idea except that each consecutive sentence will start with the next letter in the alphabet. I want to see how far I will get.

After I finish school, my world becomes open. Baskets have been known to be as open, laying there in wait, ready to be filled with something, they don't care what.  Curious, I look into the basket and wonder. Do I have to fill it with anything? Either I dwell on that fact and sit, motionless and utterly awed by the endless possibility of it, or I go with it. "Flow with the river," my heart says, and I desperately want to listen instead of just hear. Great things have come from great people who have done just that. Had they filled the basket and focused on feeding their body rather than their mind, humanity would have been fucked. I feel my heart beat and with each pulse I am shoved forward. Julius Caesar. Killed by his friends, he died doing what he wanted. Life did not pause for him and he did not pause for it. May I follow in smaller footsteps that nonetheless echo his own free spirit. No blood will I spill, though. Time up.
Save that for the people with baskets that try to carry too much.

This idea is courtesy of David Oliveras' blog.  I try to find exercises like this one on the internet every day and he has made my search shorter and less dependent.

1 comment: