Sunday, April 10, 2011

A hand-picked mix, ironically titled

This is a mix that I have spent the whole rainy morning putting together. It is a snapshot of the types of songs that I listen to when the northwest insists its sequestering weather upon me and I have nowhere to go besides a comfy chair in front of a big window that keeps the water away.

To share this mix I used 8tracks, a really great tool to use if you take pride in your hand-crafted playlists. Making a great "chill" playlist is similar to writing; if done well enough, it can be a way for someone to escape into their own mind and enjoy whatever is around them with their own brain. If this sounds a bit too ethereal and hippy-abstract for you, make some time one day to sit with a good view in front of you, some good music in your ear and a mind open enough to listen and observe.

To let me know what you think of the mix, leave a comment here or on 8tracks!

No comments:

Post a Comment